We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission, That would help us keep going.
Pumpkin Spice: The Fall Flavor That Has It All
As much as I I love summer, this heat definitely made me want to start my countdown to the fall days. Any other fall lovers out there? Jackets, pancakes, colorful papers, cider, Halloween, scarves, it’s all just around the corner!
One of the great things about the fall season are the flavors of fall, the most popular of which is pumpkin spice. While this delicious concoction is generally paired with sugary desserts and creamy lattes, you can get pumpkin spice without the extra sugar and fat, it’s actually pretty good for you, especially given the delicious health benefits of pumpkin that it comes with, paired with all the other spice benefits that it offers.
Creates the fall flavor we all love! We’ve gone the extra mile this fall and created a drink that’s sure to excite your palate and leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed!
Check out our latest blend by clicking here
Discover all the immune-boosting, sleep-boosting, anti-inflammatory benefits of Organifi Gold with a little extra magic (from the health benefits of pumpkin spice).
Check out these unbeatable benefits!
The Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Spice
First of all, what exactly is pumpkin spice? Pumpkin spices are spices with different blends, but the main contents are generally pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. The best part is that each one has something to offer in addition to delicious flavour. Let’s take a look at each one.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
There’s more to this orange pumpkin than a jack-o’-lantern! Pumpkin has been used medicinally for years for its antidiabetic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and comes with many other benefits due to its high nutritional quality.
- Aids in Weight Loss – Pumpkin is rich in fiber, which helps slow down digestion and makes it very filling, which helps balance appetite.
- Boosts Immunity – Pumpkin contains a range of nutrients essential for the health and strength of your immune system, such as vitamins A, C and E, iron and folic acid.
- Can Help Protect Skin – Pumpkin also contains nutrients that can help do wonders for your skin and protect it from the sun, such as carotenoids, vitamin C (which helps the body produce collagen), lutein, zeaxanthin and more.
- Sharpens Vision – Vitamins and similar nutrients in pumpkin that can help your skin can also help keep your eyesight sharp and healthy, especially vitamin A.
- PROMOTES HEART HEALTH – The potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants in pumpkin can help promote a healthy heart and protect it from disease.
- May Reduce Risk of Chronic Diseases – The abundant antioxidant content in pumpkin can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
There’s a reason cinnamon is such a popular spice during fall! This spice is a great antioxidant and can also help relieve muscle aches and stiffness throughout the body. Cinnamon is also known to help control blood sugar.
- High Source of Antioxidants – Cinnamon contains powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols and outperforms most other spices in terms of antioxidant quantity.
- May reduce inflammation – Studies have shown how cinnamon can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Prevents Heart Disease – Studies have also shown how cinnamon can positively affect cholesterol levels and prevent disease. It has also been shown to affect blood pressure.
- Helps with diabetes – Cinnamon may be able to help with diabetes due to its effect on blood sugar levels.
- Prevents Neurodegenerative Diseases – Studies have shown that cinnamon can help build brain health and prevent degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. Cinnamon has also been shown to help treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
Health Benefits Of Nutmeg
Pumpkin spice also contains nutmeg As one of my favorite spices, I always look for an excuse to use nutmeg. Nutmeg is a great source of vitamin B, fiber and other minerals. It is useful in fighting bacteria, especially in the mouth area. It may even help prevent tooth decay!
- May help relieve pain – Some studies have shown that nutmeg may be able to help relieve pain.
- Promotes Brain Health – It has also been shown that nutmeg may have a positive effect on the brain, helping it to stay strong and preventing disease progression.
- Aids in Oral Health – Nutmeg may be able to help improve oral health as well as prevent bad breath and cavities.
Health Benefits Of Allspice
Pumpkin spice also contains allspice and many people are not aware of the fact that allspice is actually a berry. This is correct! They are first dried and then ground into a fine powder before being added to the pumpkin spice mixture. This amazing little berry is good for your digestive system and can help boost your immune system as well.
- May Reduce Inflammation – There have been studies that have shown how spices have helped relieve inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis.
- Soothe Digestion – The spice has been shown to help calm digestion and help boost its potency, efficiency, and health.
- BOOSTS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM – Spices may be able to prevent damage to your immune system and help fortify it.
- Improves Blood Circulation – Due to the levels of iron and copper in allspice, it can positively help in promoting blood circulation throughout the body.
Health Benefits Of Ginger
This spice is a powerhouse of minerals, including iron, potassium, and zinc. Like allspice, it can aid in digestion, as can helping prevent nausea and stomach pain. It’s also good for your circulatory system and blood flow and can be a great energy booster!
- Relieves Nausea – Studies have shown that ginger can be very effective against nausea, including for moms who struggle with morning sickness.
- REDUCE MUSCLE PAIN – Ginger may have inflammation-reducing properties and can specifically help relieve muscle pain.
- Lowers Blood Sugar – Studies have shown how ginger can lower blood sugar and help people with diabetes and heart disease.
- Aids Indigestion – Ginger has been shown to help speed up digestion and relieve indigestion symptoms.
- PROMOTES BRAIN HEALTH – Ginger has been shown to be able to help boost working memory as well as prevent degenerative diseases.
- Fights infection – Ginger has been shown to fight harmful bacteria and help prevent infection.
Health Benefits Of Cloves
Where nutmeg can help prevent tooth decay, cloves can also contribute in this department by soothing toothache due to their eugenol content. Eugenol is a natural anesthetic that, along with reducing pain, can help kill bacteria and reduce swelling. Cloves are also great for keeping your mind alert and your energy going.
- Fights Bacteria – Cloves have been shown to have high antibacterial effects on the body.
- May Improve Liver Health – Studies have shown that the elements in cloves can help improve liver function, reduce inflammation, and relieve oxidative stress.
- Can help regulate blood sugar – Studies have also shown that cloves can help regulate and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Can Promote Bone Health – Also due to the eugenol content in cloves, they have been shown to help increase bone density and strength.
- Good Source of Antioxidants – Cloves are also a good source of antioxidants and can help relieve oxidative stress and chronic disease damage in the body.
Get Creative With Pumpkin Spice This Fall
So there you are, my friends! If you haven’t been adding pumpkin spice to everything before, you surely will now! It is actually insanely healthy and has a lot to offer, especially considering the health benefits of pumpkin and all the other benefits that pumpkin spice ingredients have to offer. And you can really get creative with it too because it can be delicious in shakes, tea, oatmeal, baked goods, you name it!